Sunday, January 30, 2011

Since you asked...fun with Quora!

I've been pretty distracted by a site I recently discovered, Quora.com.  It's a place where people can ask questions on any topic, and other people can answer the questions.  The best or most popular answers are voted up, and therefore rise to the top of the answer queue, while the worst or least popular answers fall to the bottom. 

I really love this concept.  Not only does it provide a place for people like me who have an opinion on just about anything to express those opinions, but it also leverages the collective expertise of the community of readers and answerers to bring the quality of the answers up exponentially.  At least it's doing that for me.  I'm learning a lot by reading the answers other people are giving, and paying much more attention to the quality of my writing, and to the quality of my answer content, when I'm answering questions. 

So, check it out... let me know what you think of the site, of the questions, of my answers to questions.  Post a question you have and see what happens.  Click on the link below:

Meg on Quora

No comments: